Wednesday, November 12, 2014

1992 Topps Don August




It's been far too long since I've posted a 1992 Topps card on this blog. I have been doing alot of cards on my other blog, Topps cards that never Were, and have been doing this during my free time as well. Rest assured, I have not given up on this blog and my mission to give a 1992 Topps card to everyone who played a game in 1991, and I also have a little more motivation to get this project going again.

About a week ago, a reader of my other blog, Paul, left me a comment that basically said that he was wanting to make missing cards for players from 1990-1994. I had made a post on my other blog basically asking for readers ideas, thoughts, and if possible, help in making custom cards. I think that if a group of custom card makers got together, shared templates, photos, time, and skills, that they could make a complete custom set like I am with the 1992 set, and do it in a shorter time period than if a single person were to do it themself. Well, I think Paul's ideas are very similar to mine, so I made a post (scheduled to publish on Saturday November 15, with a few templates (fronts and backs) from 1991 Donruss and 1992 Upper Deck, some screenshots from the process of making a custom card, tips, and basically outlined how to make a custom card, front and back. I really hope the post inspires interest in more custom card makers, and that maybe a group of us can band together and finish a few sets by making cards that never were.

With all that being said, I have been inspired to try to put a dent in the 1992 Topps set again. I made a 1992 Topps Mike Scott for my other blog, and that will be up tomorrow, and today I have a 1992 Topps Don August for this one, and am halfway done with a 1992 Topps Terry Puhl. Don pitched in the 1984 Olympics, and played for 4 seasons with the Milwaukee Brewers. I got the photo from his Twitter page. I don't have a Twitter, but if anyone who reads this does and would be kind enough to share this post with him, his Twitter handle is @DonAugust38 . I have a few autographed Don August cards in my collection that he signed through the mail for me, and wish I could've printed this one and sent it to him. Maybe this next year I will print some of these.

Thanks to anyone who reads this blog, and I promise to get some more cards done and get this little blog rolling again.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment