Tuesday, August 2, 2022

1992 Topps #981 Wilson Alvarez Season Highlights

 Today's missing 1992 Topps card is #981 Wilson Alvarez Season Highlights. 

This card was a highlights card that Topps missed out on making. Wilson Alvarez got called up to make and emergency start, just his 2nd time pitching in the Majors. He came through and pitched a no-hitter against the Orioles. I’m pretty happy with how this one came out, the back basically looks similar to the Record Breaker subset, which is what I was going for. The only thing I would maybe change is the font for ‘season highlights’ on the front, and if I could get an actual photo from the game, that would be the other change I would make. Other than that, I think it’s great. 
Alvarez’s no-hitter was one of the many no no’s in 1991 that Topps failed to put in their 1992 Topps set. Along with a 19 K game by David Cone, a few more no-hitters, and the earlier 6 SB game by Otis Nixon that I made, there are some nice highlight cards I’ve added to the 1992 Topps set. It’s back to regular cards for a while, but stay tuned for more later in my set. 
Thanks for checking out my latest post. 
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment