Monday, July 28, 2014

First Post

Hello everyone, my name is Jeremy. I am 31, and have collected baseball cards since 1989. My favorite set of all-time is the 1992 Topps set. It is the first set I brought packs of when I was old enough to spend money, and I ripped tons of packs of it in '92 and '93. I have been making custom baseball cards for a while now, and after seeing some bloggers design "cards that never were", I decided to do the impossible: Give a 1992 Topps card to every player that appeared in a game in 1991. I fully expect it to take at least a decade or so in order to even get close, but I am going to try. If my tabulations are correct, this will jump the number of cards in the '92 Topps set from 792 to around 1,200. I plan on doing the checklist cards pretty soon, and I will share links to them for those of you interested in all the players who were left out. I also have another blog dedicated to Topps cards that never were from other years, at http://toppscardsthatneverwere.blogspot.com. Thanks for checking out my blog, and if you have any ideas or questions or suggestions, feel free to let me know.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment