Monday, August 22, 2016

1991 Topps #870 Danny Heep


Danny Heep got his first taste of the Majors in 1979 with the Houston Astros. He stayed with them through 1982, then spent 1983-1986 with the Mets, winning the '86 World Series with the club. In 1987, he signed with the Dodgers, and spent 1988 as a key pinch-hitter for their Championship team. He spent 1989 with the Red Sox, hitting .300 in 320 At-Bats, by far the most in a season for him, as a platoon DH and Outfielder. He was back to bench duty with the Sox in 1990, and spent his final season with the Braves in 1991.

Danny got his first Topps card in 1981, and appeared on every set through the 1990 set. His only missing Topps cards are from the 1980, 1991, and 1992 sets. It was hard as heck to find a decent picture of Heep in a Braves uni. The only one I could find was very small, so this was the best I could do for his '92 card.

Back when I collected autographs, I tried to get every 1988 Dodger to sign their 1989 Topps card. Heep was one of the few I still needed, along with Tim Crews, Brian Holton, Ramon Martinez, Jeff Hamilton, Tommy Lasorda, Mike Scioscia, and John Shelby. Kind of makes me wish I would've done customs back then so I could've done everyone on the team.

I have some projects going on for my other blog, those, along with trying to finalize the purchase of a house, moving, and my wife and I preparing for our first child in November have been taking up my wine lately, but I will try to post new cards on here when I have a chance, and once I finish templates and a checklist, I may try to put up another blog like this where I will finish the 2001 Topps set with some help. Stay tuned. Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy 

No comments:

Post a Comment