Wednesday, August 24, 2016

1992 Topps #871 Shane Turner


Today's card is probably the one that gave me the most trouble to make. Before I get to that, here's the lowdown on Shane Turner.
Shane made his MLB debut in 1988 with the Phillies. He got back into the Majors in 1991 with the O's, and played one final season with the Mariners in 1992.
Shane only has 1 regular Topps issue, his 1993 card. He is missing a 1989 and 1992 card to complete his career Topps run, and this 1992 custom only leaves his '89 card left. Turner didn't have that many cards issued during his career, only an '89 Fleer, '92 Donruss The Rookies, '92 Fleer Update, '93 Fleer, '93 Stadium Club, and the previously mentioned '93 Topps card.
Since Shane only played 4 games for the Orioles, I had a heck of a time trying to find a photo of him wearing an Orioles uniform. Nothing on a Google image search, nothing on any of his cards, I even went so far as to search YouTube for a video of any of the games he played in and came up empty. The closest thing I could find was an image of him in his Rochester uniform on a minor league card that I tried to photoshop an Oriols cap on, and you can see how that turned out. I'm not proud of this card, but it is all I have so far. If you have any ideas of how to fix it or how to find a photo of him in an Orioles uniform, please let me know.
Thank for checking out my latest custom.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment