Monday, March 27, 2017

1992 Topps #902 Ron Witmeyer


Ron Witmeyer played season in the Majors, in 1991, for the Oakland Athletics. He got 1 hit, a single, in 19 At-Bats. He currently is Owner/Director of Instruction at Frozen Ropes, a baseball instruction academy in San Diego, California. I emailed Ron a link to this post, so maybe he will see it.

Ron appeared in just 2 major sets, a 1992 Stadium Club card, and a 1992 Topps debut card, along with a dozen minor league issues. I also have Witmeyer listed as a replacement player for the 1995 Oakland A's, so I will be making a 1994 Topps Traded Update card to finish out his career Topps run.

I haven't had time to post much or do many customs, but I think I might find a little time this week. I am doing a little work on the 1999 Topps checklist, and I kind of want to see how it compares to the rest of them. I remember watching a ton of baseball in 1998, and even thought I don't have very much at all of the 1999 Topps set, I have a feeling that I will recognize player names in the 1998 set the most. I'm also hoping to make a few more customs of the Netherlands for the WBC set that we have going on at the Facebook Custom Card Group. You should join if you are into making customs or just enjoy viewing them. Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment