Tuesday, April 18, 2017

1992 Topps #906 Matt Sinatro


Matt Sinatro played in the Majors from 1981-1992. He spent the 1981-1984 seasons with the Atlanta Braves, was with the Oakland Athletics in 1987 and 1988, the Detroit Tigers in 1989, before playing his final 3 seasons with the Seattle Mariners in 1990-1992. After his playing career, Matt started coaching, and made it back to the Bigs in 1995 with the Mariners. He stayed with them through the 2002 season, then followed manager Lou Piniella to the Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays from 2003-2005. In 2007, he followed Piniella again, this time to the Chicago Cubs, where he stayed through the 2010 season. 

Matt missed out on getting a bunch of Topps cards throughout the years. His first Topps card came in the 1990 Traded set, and his only other one came the next year in the 1991 set. Matt is missing cards from the 1982-1985 sets, the 1989-1990 regular sets, and the 1993 sets as a player, and the 1996-2006, and 2008-2011 sets. I actually have done another custom besides this 1992 Topps one of Matt, his 1990 Topps card picturing him as a Detroit Tiger. 
I haven't had any time to do anything lately it seems like. I was hoping to mow the grass one last time before our fence gets installed on Thursday, but the mower would just shut off a few seconds after I would start it, so an hour or two messing with that/weeing some flower beds was already shot today after I got off work, and between feeding baby and taking care of dogs and doing normal everyday housework, I barely had a chance to throw this post together. Tomorrow I probably have band practice, so that kills that night, but I'm hoping I can work on some customs on Thursday night, and I am off Friday, so I hope to do a little around the house, and then a whole lot of nothing. Work has just been getting to me lately, and I don't know if I'm getting older, having a kid is tiring me, if my diabetes is just tiring me or what, but I've just felt tired the last month or so. I'm seriously thinking about changing professions. While baking has a few perks, I just don't know if I can go through another holiday of getting worked like a pack mule, and my wife has suggested that coding might be something good to look at that I could possibly be intrigued by and good at. Might give me more time at home and who knows, maybe I can somehow use it to help with customs. Now I'm just ranting, but it's nice to rant on here since nobody is home and I'm sure some of you can relate to just having a period in your life where you are worn out. It kind of makes the baseball cards ok to have since you can just organize them, look at them, or whatever you do with them that just helps you detox and relax. Thanks for checking out my latest custom.
-Jeremy


No comments:

Post a Comment