Monday, April 24, 2017

1992 Topps #907 Julio Valera


Julio Valera pitched for 5 years in the Majors. He played for the New York Mets in 1990 and 1991, the California Angels in 1992 and 1993, and the Kansas City Royals in 1996.
\
Julio appeared in a few Topps sets during his time in the Bigs. He got his first Topps card in the 1991 set, he was in the 1992 Topps Traded set (pictured as an Angel), and got his final Topps card in the 1993 set. He is missing cards from the 1994 and 1997 Topps sets to complete his career Topps run. I decided to give Julio a regular 1992 Topps card since he didn't get a card picturing him with his 1991 team in the 1992 Topps/Traded sets.

I got a bunch of 1994 Topps cards done today, mainly consisting of highlight/random subset cards. I also found a Wrigley Field giveaway version of a 2001 Topps Hee Seop Choi card that was intriguing to me. He was featured in the regular 2001 Topps set on a 3-player prospects card, but for the Wrigley version, it has the basic prospects design on it, but only features Choi on the card. It looks really sweet, so I made a template of it, and added it to the 2001 Topps page, as well as adding some more names to the checklist to use the prospects template with. I'll try to work on the 1999 checklist a little later tonight as well. I should have some time tomorrow night to work on customs, so hopefully I'll knock out some more cards and checklists.  Thanks for taking the time to check out my latest '92 custom.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment