Friday, January 26, 2018

1992 Topps #924 Tom Edens


Tom Edens played in the Majors from 1987 through 1995. He got called up to the New York Mets in 1987, saw time in the minors the next 2 years, spent 1990 with the Milwaukee Brewers, played in 1991 for the World Champion Minnesota Twins, stayed with them through 1992. He played for the Houston Astros in 1993 and 1994, was traded to the Philadelphia Phillies at the '94 Trading Deadline. He finished the season with them, and played his last year with the Chicago Cubs in 1995.

Tom only got 2 Topps cards, a 1991 Topps card, and a 1994 Topps card. He is missing cards from the 1988, 1992, 1995, and 1996 Topps sets. This '92 Topps custom crosses one of them off of the list.

I actually met Tom in 1996 while he was in Spring Training with the Kansas City Royals, and he was very nice, signing a softball and a 1994 Topps card for me.  Really wish I would've had more of his cards back then. Here is the softball he signed.


I am almost a week away from going from my first card show, and I have a feeling I will have a bunch of cards after it is over with. Thanks to everyone who answered questions for me on my previous post. I recently worked out a trade with a Mark Canha collector after pulling his 2017 Topps Series 2 printing plate from a pack, and got a number of nice Rays cards and also some PC guys. I will post about that pretty soon. Adam from ARP Smith's Sportscard obsession and Greg from Night Owl Cards have both generously offered to send me some Rays cards. In the next few days, 2018 Topps Series 1 should be out, and I hope to get at least a few packs of it. Finally, even though I have a +/- $20 budget for the card show, I hope to get some nice dime box deals and hopefully get at least 50 or so cards for my PC, Rays, Tigers, Highlights, Refractor/shiny, and rookie card binders. I can't wait to sort through them all.

Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment