Friday, April 26, 2019

1992 Topps #936 Stan Royer


Stan Royer played in the Major Leagues from 1991 to 1994. He was selected by the Oakland Athletics as the 16th pick in the 1988 MLB draft. He got swapped to the St. Louis Cardinals in the Willie McGee deal in 1990, and made his MLB debut with them in 1991. He played for the Cards in 1992 and 1993, and split 1994 with the Cardinals and the Boston Red Sox.

Royer only has 1 Topps card, a 1993 Topps Coming Attraction card. He is missing cards in the 1992, 1994, and 1995 Topps sets. I have also added him to the '89 Topps set as part of the Draft Picks subset. This 1992 Topps custom takes care of his '92 card, and I have also made his 1994 Topps card while finishing that set a while back.
I may have actually saw Stan play in Spring Training of 1993. I was 10, and my dad took me to a Tigers-Cardinals game in Lakeland, FL where we lived. I don't remember who pitched or anything about who appeared in the game, but it was preseason, and many of the stars don't make road trips, so there was a decent chance that Stan appeared in the game at some point.

Things have been kind of crazy in my life lately, but perhaps, they are getting back to normal. I just got 200 9-page pockets, and will be putting in my loose cards of the last 4 important teams in the AL (Oakland, Seattle, Texas, and Toronto), then the loose Detroit Tigers and Tampa Bay (Devil) Ray cards, then my Favorite Players (been waiting about a year to do so), then a few other special binder cards (Highlights, rookies, sunset cards, shiny cards), and maybe if there are enough pages left, the New York Yankees. You should be seeing some of this reflected in my other blog, as I will be updating my Favorite Player pages with pictures of all of the cards, as well as lists of what I have, to make trading easier. This may take a while, but stay tuned.

Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment