Tuesday, February 28, 2017

1992 Topps #898 Cliff Young


Cliff Young pitched in the Majors for 3 seasons. He came up with the Angels in 1990, and pitched for them in 1991. He spent 1992 in the minors, and pitched in 1993 for the Cleveland Indians. Sadly, Young was involved in a car accident in shortly after the 1993 season and lost his life.

Young never appeared in any regular Topps issues, but did appear in the 1991 Bowman, 1991 Topps Debut, and 1992 Stadium Club sets. He is now just missing cards in the 1991 and 1994 Topps sets to complete his career Topps run. This 1992 Topps customs I made would've been Young's final Angels card and middle Topps card of his career.

Looks like my order from COMC should be coming in the next week. As soon as I get them, I'll take pictures and show off what I got and post it on my other blog, and I'll probably post a link here too. I've started doing customs in the 1989 Topps set of the Detroit Tigers, and I think I'm going to try to work on each Tigers team set for a while, and also try to knock out some favorite player cards. I'm also working on the 1996 Topps checklist, and Paul is working on some other ones. Stay tuned for more customs and checklists.
Thanks for checking out my latest card.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment