Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The unthinkable happened.....

Yesterday, I was almost finished making a card of Wendell Kim, coach of the San Francisco Giants, in my custom 1992 Topps set. Besides Kim, I just had a card of Giants coaches Bob Lillis and Norm Sherry to do, and I would've made a card of every player and coach in the National League for my set. Well, my laptop has a battery that doesn't come on unless you have it plugged into the AC adapter, and I had been saving my cards on a flash drive instead of uploading them to Blogger as I made them. So you guessed it. I got distracted, decided to finish the rest of the Giants set later, and unplugged my laptop. I noticed my flash drive was a little bent yesterday, but didn't think anything of it. So I go to finish the Giants today, and plug my flash drive in, and my computer doesn't recognize it's there. So I either fried the jump drive or disconnected something by bending it. Either way, that means the only cards I have saved are ones I already uploaded to blogger (Cards 793-941, checklists, all the subset cards, and cards of the Detroit Tigers, Minnesota Twins, Atlanta Braves, Chicago Cubs, Cincinatti Reds, and Houston Astros). The cards I have made that I haven't uploaded (the rest of the LA Dodgers, Milwaukee Brewers, Montreal Expos, NY Mets, Piladelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, St. Louis Cardinals, San Diego Padres, and all but 3 of the San Francisco Giants) are gone. All my templates are gone. I still want to finish the set, but this is a big setback, and will probably set me back a number of months. I may just do what I was doing earlier, and make cards in numerical order, starting at card #942, and filling in the holes between cards that I already have made. It's just frustrating to have to start over for many of the teams I have already completed. I don't know if I might be able to recover the data on the flash drive by using a soldering gun, but seeing as I never used one and don't have one, the possibilities don't look promising. Oh well. I guess I learned to upload cards as I do them. Lesson learned. As always, thanks for checking out my 1992 Topps project.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment