Wednesday, March 2, 2016

1992 Topps Dean Wilkins


PLAYER BIO: Dean Wilkins, Astros

YEARS IN MAJORS: 1989-1991

LAST TOPPS SET HE APPEARED IN: None

APPEARANCES IN FUTURE TOPPS SETS: None

REASON LEFT OFF OF THE 1992 TOPPS SET: Probably because he only pitched in 7 games and had an ERA over 10.

NOTES: Dean never got a card in a Topps base set, even though he got cards in '90 Bowman, '90 Topps Debut, and the '90 Topps TV set. He had good numbers as far as Saves in the minors, so you would've figured he would've saw more time in the Bigs. This card was pretty difficult to make as the only photo I could find of Wilkins in an Astro uniform was in black and white. I used a program called Recolored (I believe) to match the colors where they should go and colorize the photo. Not the best, but it was the only thing I had to work with. One final note, I finished the back of card #993, which means I have finished 201 cards in the set. I hope to knock off #1000 tonight, leaving only 368 more backs to do. Thanks for checking out my latest card.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment