Tuesday, May 31, 2016

1992 Topps Mark Davidson


Mark Davidson played in the Major Leagues from 1986-1991. He recieved Topps cards from 1988-1991, missing only the 1987 and 1992 sets. He was nothing more than a reserve outfielder, but he can say something that not many MLBers can say as he is a World Series champion, playing on the 1987 Minnesota Twins club. 

I started really trading baseball cards with friends in 1991 with friends at school in the 2nd grade, and Mark Davidson will always have a special place in my heart since his 1991 Fleer card was one of the first cards I remember getting in a trade. I don't know why, but for some reason I thought he was a superstar and wanted to get his card. Guess I was never much of a prospector, even back then.

This card was Mark's Sunset Card, and is the first of 2 Astros in a row in the set (Tony Eusebio is the second). It's a pretty standard card (not sure where I got the photo from), almost the kind of photo you would expect to see on a '92 Topps card.

Thanks for checking out my latest work.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment