Saturday, May 7, 2016

1992 Topps Mike Bell


Mike Bell only played 2 years in the Majors, 1990 and 1991 with the Braves. He never appeared on a Topps flagship issue, but was in the 1991 Topps Debut set. He put up decent numbers in the Minors, but as a First Baseman, I think every team in the Majors was looking for power, so that could be why Mike only got 2 years in the Bigs. He played in the Braves system in '92 and went on to the Pirates system in 1993, then played 1 year at Independent Alexandria in 1994 before calling it a career. Perhaps if the Braves didn't have Sid Bream in 1992-1993 and Fred McGriff from late '93-'97, and would've kept Ryan Klesko in the Outfield, then Mike would've got his shot at First with the Braves.

This would've been Mike's final Topps card. As with many cards in this set, if I couldn't find a decent photo online, I would look for ones on cards.  This one came from a Minor League issue, and I added the Braves logo to his helmet.

I've been working the last 5 days since coming back from vacation, so I haven't worked on any backs since I left, but I'm hoping to change that tonight. Perhaps I'll get up to the team combo cards, leaving me with only 30 or so left. We'll see. Thanks for taking the time to ready my latest post.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment