Sunday, April 24, 2016

1992 Topps Ted Power


Ted Power pitched in the most games for the '91 Reds, but was still left off of the 1992 Topps set. He had a pretty decent season, and was included in the 1991 set, but that would be his final Topps card, even though his last season in MLB was 1993. Power had a pretty decent career, getting 27 Saves in 1985, and winning a World Series title in 1981 in his rookie year. He appeared on Topps cards from 1984-1990, missing out on cards in '82, '83, and '92-'94. 

It was hard finding a photo of Ted from his second stint with the Reds, and I think this photo may actually be from his coaching career. His hat looks like a newer-style hat, and it looks like a wedding ring on his left hand, which I don't believe he would be wearing if he were a player and not a coach. Other than that, I'm happy with the card.

This should be my last post for a week or so. I will be going on a cruise at the end of the week, and am either working or at a doctors appointment the rest of the week. I worked on a ton of backs in the last 2 days, and have now completed the backs of every coach card. The next card I will be doing a back to is card #1294, and I have only 42 more cards left to make backs to and the set will be complete. Maybe sometime in the next month or so.

Thanks for checking out the latest card.
-Jeremy

2 comments:

  1. Power did get a sunset card in the 94 Topps set (#319)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mistake. Checked Google and he does in fact have a 1994 Topps card. Don't know how I missed it. Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete