Sunday, March 27, 2016

1992 Topps Chris Cron


Chris Cron played 2 years in the Majors, 1991 and 1992. He appeared in the 1992 Donruss, Fleer, and Score sets, as well as the 1992 Topps debut set. He was left off of the '92 Topps set, but that's understandable since he only played in 6 games. He put up some good numbers with the Angels organization in the Minors, and that got him the cup of coffee in 1991. He got into 6 more games in 1992 with the White Sox, and the only 1993 card he got was in the 1993 Fleer set. 

I actually got to meet Chris when he was coaching in the Tigers system a few years ago in Spring Training. He signed my '92 Donruss card, and I mentioned that I was collecting autographs from the 1992 Topps set at the time and that I wished he was in the set. He said that he doesn't have many cards out. I wished I had thought of this project before then and been able to show him this card. 

I worked on back to a ton of cards in the last 2 days, and finished with card # 1076 today. I'm a few cards away from getting done with the 2nd checklist, and in about 70 cards, it will be on to a string of a ton of coach cards. The checklist is complete as of yesterday as well, since I took out the extra coach cards, put other cards in their place, and added the 3 players I had left out of the set. The 1992 Topps set will be complete with card #1364 as well as the 132 cards in the Traded set. I am 288 backs away from finishing the set, but that number is a little high since I have done backs to checklists, all of the team combo cards, and a few random cards here and there. I think I am still on pace to finish up the set by the end of the year. Thanks for checking out the latest card in my set. 
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment