Tuesday, March 22, 2016

1992 Topps Efrain Valdez


Efrain Valdez pitched 3 seasons in the Majors; 1990, 1991, and 1998. The only Topps set he appeared in was the 1991 set. Topps did give him a Bowman, Stadium Club, and Topps Debut card in '91, as well as a '92 Stadium Club card. He is missing from the '92 set, as well as the '99 set which would've pictured him as an Arizona Diamondback. I'm figuring that since he wasn't a rookie anymore and he only appeared in 7 games for one of the worst teams in the Majors that Topps decided to leave him off of the '92 set.

This custom was pretty easy to make. I'm not quite sure, but it looks like the photo was taken at Chain of Lakes Stadium in Winter Haven, Florida, the former Spring Training home of the Indians. I've been to the stadium about 5 times, but don't know exactly how the stadium looks from memory.

I only have 4 more team combo cards to finish backs of, so I have those almost all done as well as finishing up with card #1048. In less than 100 cards, I will be basically done with most player cards and up for a run of around 200 coaches. At that point I am going to go over all of the 1991 rosters player by player and coach by coach and just make totally sure that I didn't leave anyone out or mistakenly put an extra coach in (which I may have). Once that is done, I should have a final number of cards in the set, and I will finish the final checklist and get to making the coach backs (which will have complete team checklists on them. Thanks for checking out my latest card.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment