Tuesday, March 8, 2016

1992 Topps John Briscoe


I decided to go back to the old way of writing posts. I thought changing it up would be a good idea, but discovered that some of the categories I made didn't include that much info, and that if I just wrote about the cards I made and added necessary info, that it should suffice.

 John Briscoe made his MLB debut in '91, but didn't appear in the 1992 Topps set, probably due to the fact that he only appeared in 11 games. He pitched with the A's from 1991-1996, and that was his only time in the Majors. He only appeared in 1 major Topps set (1995), but did appear in the '92 Stadium Club and '92 Major League Debut set. This would've probably been his rookie card, unless Topps had expanded the '91 Traded set to include him.

I finished the back to card #1012 today, getting me a little closer to finishing the set, and officially putting me on the back side of the 2nd checklist. I'm not gonna lie, it is a little tedious making backs to cards of players who were really either rookies or journeymen, but sometimes there is a draft pick card, or a card of a star, or a numerical goal that I try to reach that makes it worthwhile. Someday I will finish this set, and maybe I'll get really lucky and maybe a collecting publication or website or maybe even Topps themselves will take notice and maybe we can get them to make some of the types of cards that we want or actually produce some of the customs we've been making for so long. One can only hope. Thanks for checking out my latest card.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment