Friday, February 12, 2016

1992 Topps Randy Knorr


Randy Knorr has been in oragnized baseball since 1986. He made it to the Majors in 1991 with the Blue Jays and was with them through 1995. He signed with Houston for 1996 and 1997, and went to the Marlins in '98, the year after the won the World Series. He was back with the Astros for '99, then on to Texas for 2000, before finishing out his career with the Expos in 2001. 

As far as Topps cards go, Randy only recieved 3 in his career, appearing in the '93, '94, and '95 sets. He got a '92 Topps Debut card, but missed out on the '92 set. I was surprised that he didn't have any other Topps cards, especially in the '01 set, which was the biggest set (792) Topps had made in quite some time. 

He went on to coach with the Washington Nationals, and I got to meet him and get his autograph in Spring Training (2007, I believe). He was nice and signed a few cards for me. Wish I would've had this card to show him.

I'll probably work on some backs tomorrow after work. Hoping to knock those last few out of the way before I have to figure out what the backs to the season highlight cards are going to look like. It will probably be a combination of the back of the record breaker cards and possibly the all-star cards.
We will find out soon enough. Thanks for checking out my latest card.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment