Wednesday, April 13, 2016

1992 Topps Tommy Kramer


Tommy Kramer pitched for the Indians from 1991-1993. He got a '92 Topps Debut card, and appeared in the 1994 regular set, but other than those issues, that was about it for Kramer on Topps cards. He is missing a '92 and '93 card, but now it will be down to just the 1993 card with the '92 Topps custom I've made.

Kramer actually was pretty decent in 1993, pitching a one-hitter against the White Soc, and I was surprised he didn't play beyond '93, but the Indians had some great pitchers in 1994 (Denny Martinez, Charles Nagy, Jack McDowell) and would get some solid pitching from Orel Hershiser, Albie Lopez, and Chad Ogea in addition in 1995, so I guess the Indians staff didn't have much room for Kramer.

I only have 2 more backs to do until I hit the coach cards. Might get to them today if I have time after work, but if not, I have half a day free on Thursday and the whole day off on Friday, so I will work on backs then. Saturday I will have the chance to meet one of my musical heroes, Joel Hanson at a concert in Jacksonville. He was the lead singer/guitarist for '90's Christian-rock band PfR. He's playing in the house band for a few artists and I got tickets for me and my wife. I love his smooth tenor voice and loved listening to his guitar riffs and solos when he was with PfR. I would love to have had it just been him at the concert, but I'm hoping he will at least sing backup and have some guitar solos during the show. I'm hoping to get a guitar pick and maybe talk with him about music theory a bit, but well see how it goes. Next few weekends will be busy with concerts, doctor appointments, and a cruise in a few weeks, but I'll try to make a few posts and give updates on where the set stands.

Thanks for checking out my latest post.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment