Wednesday, January 6, 2016

1992 Topps Ron Hassey


Ron Hassey missed out on getting his final Topps card when he was left off of the '92 set. The only other year he missed out on getting a Topps card was in 1979, which would've been his rookie year. Other than that, he appeard in every Topps set from 1980-1991. The only major brand that put Hassey in its 1992 set was Score. It seems a little funny that Ron was left off of most major '92 sets since he caught Denny Martinez's perfect game in 1991, making his the first catcher to catch 2 in their career. 

Ron would become a coach for the Colorado Rockies in their first season in 1993, and begin a long coaching career after that. I might try to find a Rockies photo of him and try to make his '94 Topps card. Once I get some other expansion team sets done ('98 and '99 Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays and Arizona Diamondbacks), I think I might try to do the '94 Rockies set. 

Thanks for checking out the latest card in my attempt to complete the 1992 Topps set.
-Jeremy

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comments on my site. I tried "joining" yours, but the join button wasn't working for some reason.
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what's wrong with it. Tried to redo some things in my layout. Hopefully it works now. Thanks for checking out my page.

    ReplyDelete